Rhi·zo·mas·ti·gi·na | \ ¦rī(ˌ)zōˌmastəˈjīnə\
Definition of Rhizomastigina
: an order of Zoomastigina that comprises protozoans which have both flagella and pseudopods and which chiefly are obscure soil or water organisms though a few are commensals and one (Histomonas meleagris) causes the serious blackhead of turkeys and other fowl
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?