Rhi·pid·i·a·ce·ae | \ rə̇ˌpidēˈāsēˌē\
Definition of Rhipidiaceae
: a family of phycomycetous fungi (order Leptomitales) that have the thallus differentiated into holdfast, basal cell, and hyphal branches
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game