Rhaco·mit·ri·um | \ ˌrakōˈmi‧trēəm, ˌrāk-\
Definition of Rhacomitrium
: a genus of acrocarpous mosses (family Grimmiaceae) growing chiefly on sandstone rocks and having often hair-pointed leaves and sinuous leaf cells
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game