Rep·pe chemistry | \ ˈrepə-\
Definition of Reppe chemistry
: a branch especially of industrial chemistry that is based on reactions of acetylene under pressure and also of the products so obtained and that includes vinylation, ethynylation, polymerization to cyclic compounds, and carbonylation
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game