variants: or Red Danish
Definition of Red Dane
1 : a Danish breed of highly productive usually solid red dairy cattle that are very popular in northern Europe
2 or red Dane or red Danish : an animal of the Red Dane breed
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game