Rayleigh-Jeans lawnoun, usually capitalized R&J
Definition of Rayleigh-Jeans law
: an approximation in respect to thermal radiation: the emissive power of a blackbody at absolute temperature T and at a given wavelength λ is directly proportional to T and inversely proportional to λ4 — compare planck radiation law
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game