Ray·leigh disk | \ ˈrā-lē-\
Definition of Rayleigh disk
: a thin circular disk of mica or aluminum that when suspended in a beam of sound tends to set itself at right angles to the direction of propagation and by the angle assumed gives a measure of the sound intensity
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game