Ras·kol·nik | \ rəˈskȯlnik \
plural Raskolniks\ -ks \ or Raskolniki\ -nəkē \
Definition of Raskolnik
: a dissenter from the Russian Orthodox Church and member of one of the several groups (as the Doukhobors, Khlysty) developing from the schism of the 17th century in protest against liturgical reforms
— called also Old Believer, Old Ritualist
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game