Ram·a·li·na | \ ˌraməˈlīnə \
Definition of Ramalina
: a genus of fruticose lichens (family Usneaceae) that have a thallus with flattened usually tufted lobes which are more or less dichotomously branched and that include several (as R. fraxinea) which are sources of dyes or perfume
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game