Qullai Ismail Somonigeographical name
variants: or formerly Communism Peak
Definition of Qullai Ismail Somoni
mountain 24,590 feet (7495 meters) high in the Pamirs of northeastern Tajikistan; highest mountain in Tajikistan and in the former U.S.S.R.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game