terminus ad quemnoun (1)
Definition of terminus ad quem
(Entry 1 of 3)
Quem quaeritis?Latin phrase
variants: or Quem queritis?
Definition of Quem quaeritis? (Entry 2 of 3)
Quem quaeritisnoun (2)
Quem quaer·i·tis | \ ¦kwemˈkwerətə̇s\
Definition of Quem quaeritis (Entry 3 of 3)
: an Easter introit trope derived from the account of the visit to Christ's tomb by the women, acted in the 10th century by ecclesiastics, and in its amplified dramatized form being the earliest known liturgical drama
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game