Qattara Depressiongeographical name
Definition of Qattara Depression
region of northwestern Egypt that is a low area 40 miles (64 kilometers) from the Mediterannean coast with its lowest point at 440 feet (134 meters) below sea level
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game