Pyth·i·a·cys·tis | \ ˌpithēəˈsistə̇s\
Definition of Pythiacystis
in former classifications
: a genus of fungi (family Pythiaceae) comprising a single species (P. citrophthora) that causes brown rot of citrus fruits and gummosis of citrus and other fruits and is now usually included in Phytophthora
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?