Pyr·roph·y·ta | \ pə̇ˈräfətə\
Definition of Pyrrophyta
: a division or other category of algae comprising yellowish-green to golden-brown algae that are mostly unicellular and biflagellate, that form starch, starchy compounds, or oil as food reserves, and that include the dinoflagellates and cryptomonads
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?