Py·ro·ne·ma | \ ˌpīrəˈnēmə\
Definition of Pyronema
: a genus of saprophytic soil fungi (family Pezizaceae) that produce numerous small often bright pink apothecia which frequently form conspicuous masses on burned soil where brush heaps or logs have been fired
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game