Pul·lu·lar·ia | \ ˌpəlyəˈla(a)rēə\
Definition of Pullularia
: a genus of fungi (family Pseudosaccharomycetaceae) forming yeastlike colonies that are at first dirty white, then streaked with dark green or black, and eventually wholly black and more or less leathery and including a form (P. pullulans) that causes discoloration of pulp and paper
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game