Ptero·bran·chia | \ ˌterəˈbraŋkēə\
Definition of Pterobranchia
: an order of Hemichordata or an independent phylum of uncertain affinities that comprises two genera (Cephalodiscus and Rhabdopleura) of small deep-sea tube-dwelling animals that commonly reproduce by budding
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game