Ptero·bran·chia | \ ˌterəˈbraŋkēə\
Definition of Pterobranchia
: an order of Hemichordata or an independent phylum of uncertain affinities that comprises two genera (Cephalodiscus and Rhabdopleura) of small deep-sea tube-dwelling animals that commonly reproduce by budding
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game