Pter·i·do·spermaphyta | \ ¦terə(ˌ)dō+\
Definition of Pteridospermaphyta
in some classifications
: a group of fossil plants coextensive with the order Cycadofilicales but treated as coordinate with Gymnospermae and Angiospermae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?