Pseu·do·tsu·ga | \ ¦sü(ˌ)dō(t)¦sügə\
Definition of Pseudotsuga
: a genus of American and Asiatic evergreen trees (family Pinaceae) having whorled branches, linear flat leaves, monoecious flowers, and pendulous rather large cones that have the bracts longer than the cone scales and the midrib of each produced into a rigid awn and two pointed lobes — see big-cone spruce, douglas fir
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game