Pseu·do·lamellibranchia | \ "+\
Definition of Pseudolamellibranchia
in some classifications
: an order of Lamel libranchia comprising bivalve mollusks (as scallops, pearl oysters, true oysters) having gills with interfilamentary and interlamellar junctions poorly developed, the mantle edges entirely open, and the anterior adductor muscle usually wanting
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?