Pseu·do·coelomata | \ ¦sü(ˌ)dō+\
Definition of Pseudocoelomata
in some classifications
: a group comprising lower invertebrates in which there is a body cavity that either lacks a mesodermal lining or has one derived from wandering mesenchymal cells, including rotifers, nematodes, bryozoans, and related forms, and being basically equivalent to Aschelminthes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game