Pset·tod·i·dae | \ seˈtädəˌdē\
Definition of Psettodidae
: a small family (coextensive with the genus Psettodes) of tropical flatfishes that are in several respects intermediate between the more specialized flatfishes and the typical bony fishes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?