variants: or Przewalski's horse or Prejevalsky's horse or Prjevalsky's horse \ ¦pərzhə¦|välzkēz- , ¦prezhə¦| , (p)sheˈ| \
Definition of Przhevalski's horse
: a wild horse (Equus przewalskii) of central Asia intermediate between the true horse and the ass and having a dun-colored coat with a brown mane, the lower half of the tail covered with long hairs, callosities on all four legs, and broad hoofs
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?