Definition of Provincetown
unincorporated settlement at the northern tip of Cape Cod in southeastern Massachusetts population 2642
Note: Provincetown was the site of the first landing of the Pilgrims in November 1620 and the Mayflower Compact was drawn up in its harbor.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game