Pro·tyl·o·pus | \ prəˈtiləpəs\
Definition of Protylopus
: a genus of camels no larger than jackrabbits found in the Upper Eocene of North America and having teeth that form a continuous series, unfused lower leg bones, and four functional toes on the front feet
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?