Definition of Proteocephalidae
: a family of tapeworms that are parasites of fishes, have scolices resembling those of members of the Cyclophyllidae and reproductive organs like those of members of the Tetraphyllidea, and are sometimes placed in either of these orders but now more usually isolated in a separate order
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?