Prince of Wales feathers
variants: or Prince of Wales plumes
Definition of Prince of Wales feathers
: a decorative motif used especially on chair backs and consisting of three feathers derived from the crest of the Prince of Wales
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?