Prince Edward Islandgeographical name
Definition of Prince Edward Island
island of southeastern Canada in the Gulf of Saint Lawrence off eastern New Brunswick and northern Nova Scotia; a province (Canada's smallest); capital Charlottetown area 2195 square miles (5686 square kilometers), population 140,204
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?