Prince Albert's yewnoun
variants: or less commonly Prince Albert yew
Definition of Prince Albert's yew
: a small evergreen tree (Saxe-gothaea conspicua) of the family Taxaceae that resembles the common yews, is native to mountainous southern Chile, and is sometimes cultivated as an ornamental
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game