Pri·mo·fil·i·ces | \ ˌprī(ˌ)mōˈfiləˌsēz\
Definition of Primofilices
in some classifications
: a subclass of Filicineae comprising fossil forms with the axis usually protostelic, the fronds but slightly developed, terminal or subterminal sporangia, and usually isospores and including the order Coenopteridales and sometimes other forms of somewhat uncertain relationships
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?