Definition of Primitive Methodist
: a member of the nonepiscopal Primitive Methodist Church organized in 1812 in England and later extended to the U.S. where it now continues to emphasize basic Wesleyan doctrines and greater congregational participation in its government
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game