Pri·ap·u·loi·dea | \ prīˌapyəˈlȯidēə\
Definition of Priapuloidea
: a group of marine worms of obscure position that are classed as a division of Gephyrea and that somewhat resemble the Sipunculoidea from which they are distinguished by the absence of tentacles and usually by the presence of caudal gills
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?