Port Jackson sharknoun
Definition of Port Jackson shark
: a shark of the genus Heterodontus especially : a small harmless shark (H. japonicus) of Australasian coastal waters that is brown to reddish brown and feeds chiefly on mollusks
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game