Po·ri·tes | \ pəˈrīt(ˌ)ēz\
Definition of Porites
: a genus (the type of the family Poritidae) comprising important reef-building corals with 12-rayed calyculi and a very dense skeleton that is branched or massive and globular
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?