Definition of Pomerania
1 region of northern Europe on the Baltic Sea that at its greatest extent comprised the territory between Stralsund, Germany, on the west and the Vistula River on the east and is now in northwestern Poland and northeastern Germany
2 former province of Prussia
see also pomeranian sense 2
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game