Poly·stic·tus | \ ˌpälēˈstiktəs, -lə̇ˈs-\
Definition of Polystictus
in some classifications
: a large genus of pore fungi (family Polyporaceae) having leathery often showy annual sporophores, growing on and causing decay of wood (as timbers or wounds of trees), and being now divided among several distinct genera
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?