Poly·stic·tus | \ ˌpälēˈstiktəs, -lə̇ˈs-\
Definition of Polystictus
in some classifications
: a large genus of pore fungi (family Polyporaceae) having leathery often showy annual sporophores, growing on and causing decay of wood (as timbers or wounds of trees), and being now divided among several distinct genera
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game