Poly·mas·ti·gi·na | \ -ˌmastəˈjīnə\
Definition of Polymastigina
: an order of small plastic usually parasitic flagellates (subclass Zoomastigina) having several flagella and including various medically or economically important forms (as members of the genera Costia, Chilomastix, Giardia, Hexamita, and Trichomonas)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game