Definition of Polygalaceae
: a family (order Geraniales) of herbs, shrubs, or small trees widely distributed throughout both hemispheres and having irregular flowers with three to five petals, monadelphous stamens, and five sepals of which the two lateral are petaloid
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game