Pod·oph·thal·mia | \ -mēə\
Definition of Podophthalmia
1 in some classifications : a group comprising the stalk-eyed crustaceans
2 in former classifications : a division of Malacostraca comprising forms with the eyes supported on movable stalks and coextensive with the Phyllocarida, Euphausiacea, Mysidacea, Decapoda, and Stomatopoda
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?