Definition of Plymouth
1 town on Plymouth Bay (an inlet of the Atlantic) in southeastern Massachusetts that is the location of Plymouth Rock (the spot traditionally considered to be where the Pilgrims first landed) population 56,468
2 city in southeastern Minnesota northwest of Minneapolis population 70,576
3 city and port on Plymouth Sound (an inlet of the English Channel) in Devon, southwestern England population 238,800
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game