Definition of Pleuropterygii
: a subclass or order of small primitive Devonian elasmobranchs including the genus Cladoselache in which the paired fins are supported by unjointed parallel radial cartilages extending straight outward to the fin membrane and claspers are locking
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?