Definition of Nauru
island (atoll) in the western Pacific 26 miles (42 kilometers) south of the Equator; formerly a joint British, New Zealand, and Australian trust territory; since 1968 an independent republic area 8 square miles (21 square kilometers), population 10,085
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game