Plan·ta·gi·na·ce·ae | \ ˌplantəjəˈnāsēˌē\
Definition of Plantaginaceae
: a family of dicotyledonous plants constituting the order Plantaginales and characterized by spicate or capitate tetramerous flowers with a membranous or scarious corolla and a fruit that is a pyxidium or an indehiscent nutlet — see plantago
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game