Pi·ric·u·lar·ia | \ pə̇ˌrikyəˈla(a)rēə, ˌpirəkyüˈl-\
Definition of Piricularia
: a form genus of imperfect fungi (family Moniliaceae) characterized by simple or slightly branched conidiophores producing terminal two-septate to many-septate solitary hyaline pear-shaped spores and including one form (P. grisea) that causes a leaf spot of various grasses
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?