Definition of Pioneer Day
1 : July 24 observed as a legal holiday in Utah in commemoration of the arrival of Brigham Young on the present site of Salt Lake City in 1847
2 : June 15 formerly observed as a legal holiday in Idaho as the anniversary of the acceptance of the Oregon treaty by the president and the senate in 1846
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game