Pigs, Bay ofgeographical name
Definition of Pigs, Bay of
inlet of the Caribbean Sea on the southern coast of western Cuba
Note: In April 1961, the Bay of Pigs was the scene of a failed U.S.-backed attempt at invasion of Cuba by Cuban forces opposed to the rule of Fidel Castro.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/15/19
- 'Cliché': We’ve Heard It All Before
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
Ask the Editors
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game