Definition of Pictor
: a southern constellation that is visible between the constellations of Columba and Dorado and that is represented by the figure of a painter’s easel Pulsar 437, as the scientists call it, has a stellar companion, a white dwarf, which is the size of the Earth and is visible with a telescope in the southern constellation, Pictor.— Walter Sullivan, The New York Times, 23 Feb. 1993
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game