Phy·sop·sis | \ fīˈsäpsə̇s\
Definition of Physopsis
: a genus of Old World freshwater pulmonate snails (family Bulinidae) including important intermediate hosts of the schistosome (Schistosoma haematobium) and other trematodes of medical or veterinary significance
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?