Phy·scia | \ ˈfish(ē)ə, -isēə\
Definition of Physcia
: a genus (the type of the family Physciaceae) of usually foliaceous grayish ascolichens with brown 2-celled ascospores and a distinct cortical tissue of short closely united and interwoven filaments
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?