Phyl·lo·doc·i·dae | \ ˌfiləˈdäsəˌdē\
Definition of Phyllodocidae
: a cosmopolitan family of elongated active polychaete worms with broad leaflike cirri, several prostonial tentacles, and one or two pairs of eyes
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game